Sunday, September 25, 2011

why the title?

Swamped with homework, class hours, work hours, home and church responsibilities, constant driving, exercise routines... I needed to find an outlet, something fun I could do to reward myself after finishing seemingly endless case studies or an intense cardio workout... So, I decided to list all the activities that make me happy... writing was the first thing on my list... hence, the blog :)

Why the title? Yea, it's the title of Andrew Peterson's song (which I love), and it perfectly describes my life at present. You know how I was writing about what makes me happy? I was thinking... is that the same as joy? I decided they couldn't be the same. Even though I feel as if I'm facing a minefield with trenches and obstacles surrounding me, whether hidden or seen, I have to dance through them instead of avoiding them. Only when I learn to dance through them will I be totally free. Happiness lasts for a moment in time... Joy is always within you if you have Christ. I can dance because my joy is found in Christ... And I can dance in the minefields because He has placed me there for a reason and will never leave me or forsake me.

So I'm dancing today... in the minefields.

1 comment:

  1. Great thought. Your writing is intriguing; your subject Matter, captivating. Is He not so good to us?

    ReplyDelete